Sigur Rós - Gobbledigook - 2008

Listen on YouTube

Before the '90s, I would not have considered music from Iceland - that was before I discovered the genius of Bjork.
Then came these guys.................

All of a sudden it seemed as though Iceland's Alternate music was the best keep secret on the planet. 
Sigur Ros, to me was literally like a breath of fresh air. - Like Pink Floyd back in the day; totally original with a virtuoso approach to progressive rock - with stirring classical ambiance.

Gobbledigook was not the first Sigur Ros album I had heard, but possibly, like a lot of faithful Sigur Ros-heads, the title track blew me away with it's infectious up-beat, up-tempo rhythm. Not that all Sigur Ros's music isn't brilliant, it's just that this one is so.....I don't know.......'catchy'!   

                                                                                        Vic Clark

Comments

Popular Posts