Urszula Dudziak - Midnight Rain - 1977

Listen on YouTube

Who out there has heard any of Urszula Dudziak's music - or even heard of her at all? - I hadn't myself until a friend played an album of hers for me. After that I asked to borrow it - it was hard for me to give it back. I hadn't heard anything like it, other than in a dream maybe.

Urszula Dudziak's Midnight Rain; for me, this would be another one of those 'albums that influenced you most', without a doubt. And the title track, Midnight Rain, again for me, is a masterpiece. It's atmospheric, sultry, evocative, decadent. - It's haunting.

I now own this album in vinyl and CD format. I also own two other albums by Urszula Dudziak, and haven't listened to either of them. Afraid of being disappointed I suppose - a bit like a sequel to a great movie. You can tell I like this album, so I was horrified (possibly even hurt) when I told another friend, who's musical intellect I respect very much, to give it a listen, after which he told me how he disliked it!

Check it out for yourself - I dare you.

Shout out to Steve Prentice for the introduction.

Vic Clark

Comments

Popular Posts