Alison Krauss – Baby Now That I’ve Found You – 1995

Listen on YouTube

One Saturday evening I was watching some TV show that I can’t remember the name of, but I will never forget the moment I first heard Alison Krauss sing. I saw this woman with blonde hair, carrying a fiddle singing a song that I knew. I’d heard the original by The Foundations, a good song. However, when sang by this girl with the voice of an angel, it turned into pure magic. The more mellow arrangement and her fiddle playing, gives the song much more meaning and feeling. Now, I’m not a country fan, but this sound captivated me.

I was so impressed and knew that I had to have this song. I rarely paid full price for a CD, usually hunting the bargain bins. I did find it, but at the cost of fifteen pounds, a huge price for one album, “Now That I’ve Found You”, a compilation of her songs including the one I wanted. I have never paid that much, but this became an exception and I bought it.

I’ve listened to this songs countless times and it never it loses its ability captivate me.

Dave Moore


Comments

Popular Posts